Found!

21.08.2019 at 09.33 Fb message from Sarah Chum Millard

😊

Wed 21/08/2019 11:18 Mail from F0SCP to Ali Rasey, Rich Murphy, Ian Bushell

I received this today via the website’s Fb page:

Hello, I think I’ve spotted the missing panel from the animal bridge. It’s in the water upstream from the bridge. At first I thought it was tree roots. Unfortunately, I wasn’t dressed for a paddle. Hope you can retrieve it.”

Anybody want to take a look? We may have missed it or somebody may have decided to return it and thrown it into the stream.

Suzanne

Wed 21/08/2019 12:48 Mail from Ali Rasey to FoSCP, Rich Murphy Ian Bushell

Brilliant, thanks Suzanne, will try to get out there with waders!
Ali

Wed 21/08/2019 13:39 Mail from Ian Bushell to Ali Rasey, Rich Murphy, FoSCP

Sugar,  just got back from doing the Butterfly count with Hugh and Mark and read this – could have confirmed and fished it out.  Ian

Wed 21/08/2019 13:59 Mail from Rich Murphy to FoSCP, Ali Rasey, Ian Bushell.
Hi All,
It’s been retrieved! With a drop in water level and better clarity you could see it. The panel was right next to the bank… So with a little bit of hooking using a pole I’ve managed to pull it out!

Sorry if I’ve beaten you to it and ruined your wader fun 😉

Kind Regards

Wed 21/08/2019 14:20 Mail from FoSCP to Richard Murphy, Ali Rasey, Ian Bushell.

Well done Richard!

Wed 21/08/2019 14:25 Mail from Ali Rasey to Richard Murphy, Ian Bushell and FoSCP

Thanks Rich, brilliant.

21.08.2019 14.27 Fb Message from FoSCP to to Sarah Chum Millard
We have it! Thank you VERY much for the information. We were beginning to worry about how and where we might get a replacement because nobody could remember the name of the artist who made the original bridge panels.

21. 08.2019 14.32 Fb Message from Sarah Chum Millard to FoSCP
I’m so pleased you have it. It’s such a beautiful bridge and a big shame that a few people see fit to try and ruin it. It’s made my day that you have the panel back.

2 thoughts on “Found!

1. So pleased it has been found, I must tell Palmers Garden Center in Trowbridge who put details of its loss on their noticeboard.

1. Thank you Barbara. We can’t tell if it was thrown straight into the water when it was pulled out of the bridge or if somebody, alarmed by posters and online chatter, brought it back and threw it in.

Comments are closed.

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑